or contact us.
The Slim 3U is a board level camera designed for OEM integration in computer vision, multi-touch screens/surfaces, and custom tracking applications. It is fully customizable, with a variety of optional components and features. Software support includes the free Camera SDK, which provides complete control and access to camera settings.
A curved multi-touch screen
Six Slim 3U cameras were used in making the Reality Touch Theatre at the University of Groningen.
Fast, precise, and efficient capture
The Slim 3U is capable of capturing fast moving objects with its global shutter imager and 120 FPS capture speed. By maximizing its 640 × 480 VGA resolution through advanced image processing algorithms, the Slim 3U can also track objects down to sub-millimeter movements with repeatable accuracy.
Components a la carte
Build your SLIM piece by piece, optimizing it as you see fit. Custom building your camera gives you the flexibility to create a hardware solution that is tailored for your own application, satisfies your unique spec, and maximizes cost-efficiency. Optional components include:
- Aluminum case with CS lens mount and 1/4"-20 tripod thread
- Filter options (800nm pass filter, Filter Switcher, empty filter plug)
- Lens mount adapter (CS to M12, CS to C—only available with SLIM case)
- M12 lens (3.5mm, 4.5mm, 5.5mm)
- Input/output (Sync break-out cable, Micro 9-pin connector)
With OptiTrack’s Camera SDK you can access a variety of Slim 3U settings for greater control over what your cameras capture and what information they report to the software application. Available settings include:
- Image processing type
- Frame rate
- Filter switching
- And more...
Precision Grayscale | Segment | Object
On-camera image processing
In addition to providing raw and MJPEG grayscale video, SLIM cameras can process and threshold data on-board, creating a variety of video modes deliverable to your PC, including:
- Precision grayscale - Most precise object detection. Sends grayscale object information to the PC for calculation of location, size, and roundness using our most precise processing methods.Provides greater accuracy than other modes, but consumes more CPU resources and USB bandwidth.
- Segment - Balanced object detection. Similar to Precision Grayscale, Segment processing streamlines object information for more CPU-efficient marker detection. Provides a balance between precision and USB bandwidth use.
- Object - The most CPU-efficient object detection. Provides more efficient USB bandwidth utilization, but delivers less information to the PC than other modes.
- MJPEG-compressed grayscale - Full resolution grayscale frames, compressed on-camera for highly scalable scene video capabilities.
- Raw grayscale - Full resolution, uncompressed grayscale.
Transmit MJPEG-compressed grayscale video at full frame rate and full resolution with 1/10th of the USB bandwidth of uncompressed video. MJPEG compression enables multiple cameras to stream video to the same PC, offering scalability superior to raw grayscale video.
Improve power regulation, camera syncing, tracking distance, and more.
Up to 24 SLIM cameras per PC can synchronize their shutters to expose at exactly the same time. Each synced camera can operate in different video modes with individually customized camera settings. Utilize OptiHubs in your sync chain to enable external syncing capabilities.
Filter Switcher technology
Upgrade any Slim 3U camera with the same Filter Switcher technology found in Flex 3 cameras, enabling visible spectrum video in addition to standard IR imaging. FS-enabled cameras are equipped with a solenoid that can be controlled in-software to extend or retract the infrared lens filter. OptiTrack's user-changeable, polychromatic M12 lenses are specially designed to remain in focus in both the visible and infrared spectrums.
Incorporate Slim 3U cameras into OEM tracking or computer vision applications via the free Camera SDK.
|Close Table||Prime 41Large Volume Mocap||Prime 17WMed-Large Volume, High Speed||Prime 13Medium Volume, High Speed||Prime 13WWide FOV, High Speed||Slim 13ELow Profile & OEM||Flex 13Medium Volume Mocap||Flex 3Small Volume Mocap||Slim 3UComputer Vision & OEM||V120:Trio6DoF Desktop Tracking||V120:Duo6DoF Desktop Tracking|
|Resolution||2048 × 2048||1664 × 1088||1280 × 1024||640 × 480||640 × 480 (×3)||640 × 480 (×2)|
|Frame Rate||180 FPS||360 FPS||240 FPS||120 FPS||100 FPS||120 FPS|
|Latency||5.5 ms||2.8 ms||4.2 ms||8.3 ms||10 ms||8.3 ms|
|Single-device Multi-camera Tracking||No||Yes|
|Maximum Units Per Workstation||96+||24||1|
Using 5/8 inch markers
|51°||70°||56°||82°||56°||56°||46°||n/a||47° 6||47° 6|
|n/a||n/a||42°||n/a||42°||42°||38°, 58°||38°, 46°, 58°, Other7||n/a||n/a|
|n/a||n/a||34°||n/a||34°||34°||29°, 45°||29°, 35°, 45°, Other7||n/a||n/a|
|Synchronization Method||Network||OptiSync||Wired and OptiSync||Wired8||n/a9||n/a9|
|Image Processing Modes||Raw Grayscale, Segment, Object, and MJPEG10, 11, 12||Precision Grayscale, Raw Grayscale, Segment, Object, and MJPEG||Precision Grayscale, Segment, and MJPEG|
|Number of LEDs||170||20 (UHP)13||62||10 (UHP)13||n/a||28||26||n/a||26 (×3)||26 (×2)|
|LED Strobe Mode||Yes||n/a||Yes||n/a||Yes|
|LED Intensity Control||Yes||n/a||Yes||n/a||Yes|
|Electronic Exposure Control||Yes|
|Frame Rate Control||Yes|
|Camera Body||Aluminum & Polycarbonate||Aluminum||Aluminum14||Aluminum|
|Standard Tripod Mount
- Allows cameras to switch between infrared and visible light for scene video.
- Center imager only.
- Distance at which a marker is visible as a single pixel.
- Using Maximum Power for IR strobe, which requires a PoE+ Ethernet switch.
- Using High Power strobe mode, which requires an OptiHub.
- Horizontal FOV is based on the overlapping of cameras.
- Also accepts third-party CS/C/M12 lenses.
- Requires using the optional V120 Sync Break-Out Cable.
- Hardware sync between multiple V120:Duo and V120:Trio devices is not supported.
- Prime 41 MJPEG is downsampled to 1/16 resolution (512 × 512).
- Prime 17W MJPEG is downsampled to 1/4 resolution (832 × 544), frame rate is adjustable from 30 FPS to 350 FPS.
- Prime 13 and Prime 13W MJPEG is downsampled to 1/4 resolution (640 × 512)
- Ultra high power LEDs (UHP).
- With purchase of optional V120:SLIM case.